If I’m honest, the inspiring New Year’s Day service at my church left me thinking more about the hard times of 2011 then the hopes for 2012. My start to the New Year left me feeling just a little bit blue …
… until the 3rd of January rolled around and I got the biggest surprise of the year (sorry, had to get that cheesy line in! 😉 ) in my inbox!
Yup, that’s right – I got my very first blog award!
This is an honour that would only come, if ever, some day in the far distant future, when I’d been blogging for many years, or had somehow managed to get over 1 comment a week – I love you guys who provide my weekly comments!! 😀
But somehow, I managed to make it into someone’s award list, and there I was – the ecstatic possessor of The Versatile Blogger Award!! Wow!
I was trying to come up with the right words and appropriately grateful phrases with which to thank Stan, over at the wonderfully humourous Happiness Stan Lives Here …
This morning I was scrolling through my blog reader and clicked on the post of one of my most-read blogs – yay! The kindly and wise Pastor J had got a The Versatile Blogger award too! Oh … and he awarded it to me too!!
Who would have thought that I could get TWO blog awards in ONE week?!? I guess this must mean that people think I’m a versatile blogger or something? 😉
Please go and visit the awesome blogs of these two guys, it’s well worth the effort, I assure you! 🙂
Now I have the honour of passing this award on … officially I believe it should be 30, but I’m going to combine the two awards and nominate 15 more Versatile Bloggers – or somewhere around that number! 🙂 Ok, so maybe some of you might consider it cheating, but hey, if I was to seperate the two lists of requirements, I’d have to the same with facts and how on earth am I meant to come up with 14 entertaining, not to mention interesting, facts about myself?! It’s going to be hard work to find 7! 😉
So in no particular order:
- You Big Eejit– written by my friend Lauren, who has recently married!
- Elizabeth Esther – a refreshingly honest and incredibly inspirational blog.
- Two’s Company – brilliant, funny and a portrait of a little fighter!
- Attack of the Redneck Mommy – I respect the writer and laugh and cry at the writing.
- Being Elle
- A Chesapeake Journal – a wonderfully eloquent picture of a small corner of New England, USA.
- Resolved to Worship – the unflinchingly honest and unfailingly challenging journal of a busy Mom.
- Simple Moments – I happen to know that Pastor J awarded Nicole today too, but she really does write one of the most versatile blogs I have come across! So here’s another one for you Nicole! 🙂
- Yes, I want cake – Katie’s blog never fails to make me smile, give me twinges of broodiness and bring new resolves for a healthier eating plan …
- Blooming Lotus
- “The Flying Onion” – once again, I know Pastor J awarded you once already today Sarah, but I love your blog and it’s variations! 🙂
- Permission to Live – challenging and thought-provoking musings and questions of a young Mom.
- Graze With Me – I love peeking into this cheerful little family’s life!
Seven things about myself huh?
- I love all things dotty!
- I’m married to a man who can tell you in detail about the statistical differences between Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury … and while scraping the remains of horseradish sauce into the bin, gleefully inform me that someone has been sick in my rubbish bag! 😛 I love my awesome husband! 🙂
- I’m scared (some would say I have a phobia!) of cows.
- I have a nose piercing which I got just after my 22nd birthday.
- On average, I eat 1-2 cucumbers a day!
- One day I want to be able to sell my photographs.
- I have the cutest 21-month-old niece!
- My best-mate’s name begins with the same letter as my own name.
- One day I want to foster children.
There is another piece of news which has made the start of 2012 fantastic, but for that you will have to wait for another day!! 😉