You know those times when everything seems to hit you at once? Those times when it feels like life is kicking you when you’re already down? The times when there are so many big things on your mind that every little thing becomes a momentous struggle? The times when if you let yourself stop and think, the only way your brain (and mood!) goes is down? The times when it feels like it was way too long since the sun last shone? The times when you have to do the next thing that needs doing, when all you really want to do is crawl into a hole and hibernate until everything is “better”?
I know those times. And yes, right now is one of those times. Today there were times when I didn’t think it was possible to see a way through the trees. There is a way, but it kind of involves following compass blind … which made me think – aren’t you glad that that Compass is God? I am! I don’t know about you, but I can get to feeling pretty down about most things … um, well, let’s just say a bit too often a bit too quickly! 😉
So here are some good things about today:
- God has given so much, and yet continues to give over and over again!
- My wonderful hubby is one of the best examples of the amazing things God has given me! 😀
- Thanks Mum for being here and being a class A+ trooper!!
- It’s wonderful how long flowers can last in a glass of water!
- Thank you for Christmas book tokens Vic! 🙂
- A be-e-aut-iful clean kitchen, with sparkling worktops and a draw full of clean cutlery!
- Blue sky, sunshine and not wearing a winter coat!
Here’s a Bible verse I read this morning, which made me so thankful for Jesus, feel better about being alive and has stayed in my head all day:
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4v4-7 (ESV, emphasis mine).
What good things come to your mind about today?